Likewise, as promoted by the Cancer Exercise Institute, "The benefits of exercise during and after treatment are:
- Improved treatment tolerance
- Return to or exceed your prior level of fitness
- Improve postural deviations that can lead to pain and joint deterioration
- Increase strength, flexibility & range of motion
- Lose weight & improve body composition
- Increase energy and stamina
- Prevent and manage lymphedema
- Minimize the risk for osteoporosis, diabetes, and other cancers
According to the Memorial-Sloan Kettering Hospital website:
"staying active can
- Increase or protect bone density.
- Improve cognitive function.
- Reduce fatigue and increase energy.
- Reduce depression and anxiety.
- Prevent and relieve constipation.
- Reduce the risk for other types of cancer and many chronic health conditions and diseases.
- Improve overall wellness."
A cancer diagnosis can cause extreme anxiety and anticipation of the many treatments and potential side effects only increases this stress.
Once treatment begins, the body will be subject to chemicals that can wreak havoc on the body both physically and mentally.
Even during times of remission, keeping the body strong is imperative to staying healthy and fighting off infections and possible recurrence of the cancer.
At Perfect Circle Fitness we are trained in the proper exercise techniques for every different type of cancer. We are educated in all forms of cancer treatments and potential side effects.
We will work closely with your medical team to develop an exercise program that works for you and compensates for any limitations you may have. As you navigate through your cancer treatment, we will be there with you to keep you as strong and healthy as possible.
As you navigate through your cancer treatment, we will be there with you to keep you as strong and healthy as possible.
Don't wait until you are feeling better to set or resume your fitness goals. We can help you feel better through every phase of your treatment and/or remission.
Contact us for a consultation today.