Committed to reaching your fitness goals at your fitness level.
Sharon's fitness accomlishments are complemented by a degree in Holistic Nutrition from the Institute of Integrated Nutrition in affiliation with Columbia University as well as a Bachelors Degree in Psychology from the University of Rochester.
Sharon is a member of IDEA, the American Academy of Drugless Practitioners and the Medical Fitness Association.
Sharon has numerous fitness certifications including those certified through the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), endorsed by ICE (Institute for Credentialing Excellence) which "ensures the health, welfare, and safety of the public" through the formal accreditation of fitness certifications.
Sharon's expertise has been sought out and quoted in many local newspapers including Newsday and the Nassau Herald. She has also been published in the following publications:
“One Chance to Make a First Impression, What Does Your Posture Say About You?”, IMAGE Magazine, Oct./Nov. 2011
“The Importance of Medical Exercise for the Elective Surgical Patient”, IMAGE Magazine, Dec./Jan. 2012
“Finding the Gym that is Right for You”, ObesityHelp Magazine, Winter, 2012
- Certified Personal Trainer - National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Cert. Personal Trainer (CPT)/Health Fitness Instruct. (HFT) - Amer. Academy of Applied Pers. Training & Education (AAPTE) - Hofstra Univ.
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) - National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Medical Exercise Specialist (MES) - Amer. Academy of Health, Fitness & Rehabilitation Professionals
- Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist/Clinical Exercise Specialist- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Cancer Exercise Specialist - Cancer Exercise Training Institute
- Youth Fitness Trainer Certification - International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Perinatal Fitness Instructor Certification - Healthy Moms®
- Senior Fitness Certification - SrFit
- Postural Alignment Specialist - Egoscue University
- Certified Posture Specialist - National Posture Institute
- Medical Exercise Program Director (MEPD) - Amer. Academy of Health, Fitness & Rehab. Professionals
- Bodybuilding Specialist - International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA)
Sharon's fitness certifications include but are not limited to: